CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

MORMON IDENTITY THEFT


For I cannot think that GOD Almighty ever made them [women] so delicate, so glorious creatures; and furnished them with such charms, so agreeable and so delightful to mankind; with souls capable of the same accomplishments with men: and all, to be only Stewards of our Houses, Cooks, and Slaves.” ~Daniel Defoe

I’d like to B&M for just a moment about those great women I know who get married or serious in a relationship and have a complete identity crisis, over-haul? They become in action and passions their husbands/boyfriends. SO, Two questions, first did your husband first take you out because you were his mini-me?? NO! Second, do you really like hunting black bear and camping for vacation??? (Even when you are preggo, yes this really happened with a friend of mine who used to love music and dancing) Liars All if you think that we are buying this farse! It is my belief that if men and women, husbands and wives are being honest with each other we both want and need each other’s differences. So, why is it that so many women loose themselves when they get married and start having children??? I find this most often with my Mormon friends. I am not understating the fact that marriage means that some changes are necessary, but I believe that happily married (honest) couples are ones that want to spend time with one another, and WITHOUT one another. These couples understand that having time to pursue one’s own interests brings life and experience to the relationship. And while we are on the subject, can I just say that I am single, don’t have kids, and I really don’t want every conversation that we have to be about yours!! (Kids or husbands, that is) I want to be able to talk to you about your interests and while I recognize that husbands and kids are a big part of your life, will you please find other useless facts to bring to a lunch conversation besides the color of the poop in the diaper??? I really don’t think that it is too much to ask. I know that family, family, family is drilled into us as Mormon Women and there is nothing in my life that is more important to me than mine. But focusing on family and making them a priority does not mean that that you as an intelligent, mother and wife should not have other interests; interests and knowledge that will enrich not only your life, but the lives of your husband and children. The truly selfish woman is one whose life is so out of balance that she is miserable in a role that is truly divine.

Miss Bennett~

4 ovary-actions:

Anonymous said...

There sure would be a lot less anti-depressant and prescription drup abuse...IMO.

Aurora said...

Haha. I HATE dating identity theft. Be your own person!

Ashley said...

Found your blog through MBP. I like it already. I certainly don't fit into the basic "Mormon mold" and because of it I can never seem to find friends in our ward. I tried going to Enrichment the other night. I just sat there for an hour because I couldn't talk about sewing, PTA or the like.

Anonymous said...

Hum, I just wanted to say I just went camping for vacation while almost 8 months pregnant. I wanted to do it, it was lots of fun.
Why can't we share our spouses' interests and do things for them? I agree we shouldn't completely lose ourselves and who we once were, but sharing interests and doing something for them, is not bad in my eyes.